Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default EXTREME Mouse Issues [Need help ASAP!]

Hello!

I have an extremely odd problem. I recently [about 2-3 days ago] left my computer to go to a cabin. I always leave it on so I just turned the monitor off and let it go standby or whatever. I came back today, my computer was oddly turned off. Assuming the idiot housecleaner knocked out the wall thing I just turned it back on. I bought a new mouse the other day, and, I click my log in thing and log in, and suddenly the mouse stops working. From then on, restarting, pulling the power plug, nothing works. PS/2 mice do not work [aka, my old PS/2 mouse, the red optical light turned on but nothing happened when I tried to move it on any surface] on my computer, USB Mice do not work [I tried a spare one I had in my closet, the lights on it turned on, as if it was receiving power, however, the messages were not being sent to my computer] Flipping USB ports w/ my new mouse does not work. I plugged my new mouse into my mothers' computers' USB ports, it did not work for a moment however when I returned it had. It still does not work on my computer, no mouse does. My brother blames a "frequency spike" for the issue and his mouse doesn't work either. I know my mouse isn't broken, as it still works on my mothers computer. Any information on how to fix this extreme bout of bad luck [that I ALWAYS have, bad luck follows me like the plague] please respond IMMEDIATELY! Thank you!

NeciFiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: EXTREME Mouse Issues [Need help ASAP!]

Try going into safemode, It will load generic drivers and will hence tell you if it is a hardware or software issue. Use the PS/2 Mouse.

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03 View Post
Try going into safemode, It will load generic drivers and will hence tell you if it is a hardware or software issue. Use the PS/2 Mouse.
Indeed. Coincidental to my insane, impossible bad luck, SUDDENLY, sptd.sys hangs forever and will not load properly. I left it this way forever and it would not load. Pressing ESC brings me to a BSOD.

WOW, incredible, huh?

I hereby deem my situation the hardest and most impossible situation ever known to mankind, something impossible to fix.
NeciFiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Baseband Member

When in doubt reinstall windows!!!
Timinator94 is offline   Reply With Quote