Extra cooling

That looks good IL look into that thanks, how difficult is it stripping down my current tower and fitting all the parts into a new one?

so long as your careful with all the bits, its simple. The case comes with all the screws for the motherboard and such (and bolts for the fans).

just remeber to keep the bits on a soft surface that isnt wet or anything (foam or polystyrere is best) and as a precaution 'ground' yourself before you pick up a different part each time (just touch the nearest metal radiator or something).

also, if you want (and if you end up doing this) when you take the heatsink and fan off the processor you can put some new thermal paste on to see if that helps at all.

But theres nothing complaicated about stripping down and re-assembling it, although connecting the power switch and LED status lights can be a bit fiddly, course if you get stuck you can ask here :D

so long as your careful with all the bits, its simple. The case comes with all the screws for the motherboard and such (and bolts for the fans).

just remeber to keep the bits on a soft surface that isnt wet or anything (foam or polystyrere is best) and as a precaution 'ground' yourself before you pick up a different part each time (just touch the nearest metal radiator or something).

also, if you want (and if you end up doing this) when you take the heatsink and fan off the processor you can put some new thermal paste on to see if that helps at all.

But theres nothing complicated about stripping down and re-assembling it, although connecting the power switch and LED status lights can be a bit fiddly, course if you get stuck you can ask here :D

Thanks again, I have a Friend who might do it for me as Ive got the touch of a mid wife I cant rep you just yet as I have to spread it around but I will as soon as I can thank you so much.

I'd try making the fan on the back suck air out of the case and then install the side fan as an intake fan. That way you have fresh air coming from the side and warm air going out of the back. Don't know where exactly the side fan would be located but if the cpu is between the side fan and the rear fan then it should work just fine.

Before you go to all the trouble of hacking up your case to install a side fan, try something like this.
Drop off the nose piece and check the front vents for trash and dust. If memory serves, there should be 3 screws on the inside front on either side holding the nose piece on. Check the back of the nose piece for a filter. If it's dirty it will block the air flow. Clean it and put it back. It's there for a reason.
Next check your cables to make sure they are out of the way of the air flow. If this has flat ribbons you can fold them in to smaller sizes or bend them around something to get them out of the way.
Couple of other things you can do are>>>
First>>> Replace the fan in the back, blowing out by the way, with a higher volume style. StarTech makes an 80mm that can moves a lot of air with very little noise.
Second>>> If the nose piece doesn't have a filter but just a slot opening at the bottom, enlarge it. You can draw off what you want to remove with a pencil and score it with a hobby knife. Then just snap it off with some pliers.

And if your tower is sitting in the carpet get it on a board or even a cookie sheet.

Back
Top Bottom