External HDD's

I wouldn't worry about it G9, these just simply slot in and the device plugs into the standard plug at the back of the hard drive, and then theres a USB/Firewire connection on the other end, and you have an external drive just like "that".

Its alot cheaper than buying an external drive by another company, and you'll feel better for doing it that way I'd suppose.

The thing is cooling... well, I'm going to try to avoid an online purchase, so whichever I find first at the local Frys/Best Buys/etc... I'll get.

Ah...I guess if not done correctly, it could over heat, but many external drives I've seen in the shops don't even have a fan in them :p

The external cases I've found though on the web for any internal drive bay HDD has a built in fan within the container.

I guess if you don't want to buy online though, your choices will be minimized :(

I'm sure you'll be alright though :)

Yeah... the Seagate and WD have a fan, I believe... thanks for the encouragement :)

my only problem with seagate is its visually disturbing. You're going to be holding onto, carrying, and looking at your external hd a lot, and that seagate hd posted above looks like an am radio from 1970.
SO! even though seagate may be a performance competitor with WD, WD clearly wins on aesthetics.

^just my opinion of course.

Its a hard drive :p...

I'd just go with the one with the best performance...vs price of course,
for instance, the Calvery one would win up there with price.

And about the looks (the most expensive), I actually like the look of the Seagate one...

Hmm, I just got the Western Digital MyBook... wow, this baby runs pretty hot. Opinions? I got the Premium 500GB version, dropping by Costco (great return policies).

Aye, I've asked for a job there by application form. No reply as yet :(

Does that one have a fan? I'm sure they wouldn't have made one that'd damage itself.

Back
Top Bottom