External Harddrive strange

jmacavali said:
So here is what we know:
1. English is her native language.
2. The original post and follow up posts are very hard to understand grammatically and spelling-wise.
3. Everyone who has tried to help in this thread has been too confused by the OP to answer the questions
4. The original questions are still un-answered then.

That is correct.

I do have an memory card reader that gets its power like the hard drive gets its power from the USB wire connected to the computer.

The hard drive is powered strictly by the USB wore when plugged into the computer.
Yes the external hard drive was hooked up when I reinstalled Windows.
You are correct. The hard drive shows up when right clicking to safely remove hardware.

It is listed as mass storage device but with no letter assigned.

No separate power cord self powered I wrote above.

As far an the 2 drives wanting to use the same slot no because this happens on both of my computers.

Yes there are options. It there ate not any options to assign a drive letter.

Like I wrote I did fund a file recovery programme and the files are still on the drive but can not be read on the computer.

Also when I used the programme it also located a partition on that drive.

Ok. If no computer finds the external hard drive when you plug it in, then my guess is that it is going bad/is bad.

I do not know of any way to get the files back, and hesitate to tell you to buy anything so you will have to make that decision on your own. Maybe someone else knows of a good file recovery solution and can help. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ok. If no computer finds the external hard drive when you plug it in, then my guess is that it is going bad/is bad.

I do not know of any way to get the files back, and hesitate to tell you to buy anything so you will have to make that decision on your own. Maybe someone else knows of a good file recovery solution and can help. Sorry I can't be of more help.

HDD Regenerator is pretty good at temporarily repairing bad sectors, buying some time to back up the data. It's not free, though...

jmacavali said:

EASEUS did find the files but only will recover 1gb of files unless I upgrade to the full version for 70.00.

Back
Top Bottom