External Harddrive strange

I am writing this in English. By the the "his" is wrong just to correct "her" is proper here.

That's the problem I was trying to help you out with. Don't write your question in your version of English. Write it in your native language and then tell us what that language is. That way we can just copy/paste your question into Google Translator and possibly have a better understanding of what you are trying to say. I've seen this approach work on other forums, you should try it. Sorry about the pronoun confusion, although it was completely irrelevant to your question anyway...

cboucher said:
That's the problem I was trying to help you out with. Don't write your question in your version of English. Write it in your native language and then tell us what that language is. That way we can just copy/paste your question into Google Translator and possibly have a better understanding of what you are trying to say. I've seen this approach work on other forums, you should try it. Sorry about the pronoun confusion, although it was completely irrelevant to your question anyway...

Native language is English. You are wiring in English as well so you should be OK with out any translator.

I have no idea what this is about.

Native language is English. You are wiring in English as well so you should be OK with out any translator.

I have no idea what this is about.

Seriously? My bad. I just assumed (and so did a few other people apparently) that English was not your first language due to your original post in this thread. I suggested the Google Translator thing because I saw it work on another forum with this Algerian guy whom no one could understand when he attempted to post in English. Of course, English was his third language (second was French, I think). Sorry about the confusion...

cboucher said:
Seriously? My bad. I just assumed (and so did a few other people apparently) that English was not your first language due to your original post in this thread. I suggested the Google Translator thing because I saw it work on another forum with this Algerian guy whom no one could understand when he attempted to post in English. Of course, English was his third language (second was French, I think). Sorry about the confusion...

Why?

Here is the origin you are referring to....

When reinstalling Windows I wad brought to a DOS looking s teen asking where I wanted to install Windows. One was he C drive and the other was partitioned D drive. I chose to detect he partitioned D Drive thinking at was a partition I created before. But it may have been my external hard drive. If it was the the external hard drive would not I get a warning message that he files were going to be deleted.

Anyway the computer does find the external drive because this is listed in the SYSTEM window. I do not have a drive letter for it under MY COMPUTER.

I am using Windows XP. This happens on both of my computers. Is here a way to fix this. The first time the hard drive was seen under MY COMPUTER. The only way to read the files from it was to right lick on it and choose explore.

The above looks like English to me.

Look, sorry if you got offended. I was just trying to help you out. Your post looks like other posts I've seen from posters in other countries who are posting in English as opposed to their native language. I'm on this one forum with this one guy from Algeria who posts in English and your post reminded me of his, that's all. The only reason I even mentioned it is because some of the other posters on this thread seemed to also think that English wasn't your primary language. I mean, the Google Translator approach helped the Algerian guy. I just figured it might help you, too. However, I suppose it was wrong of me to assume English wasn't your primary language without asking you. My bad...

cboucher said:
Look, sorry if you got offended. I was just trying to help you out. Your post looks like other posts I've seen from posters in other countries who are posting in English as opposed to their native language. I'm on this one forum with this one guy from Algeria who posts in English and your post reminded me of his, that's all. The only reason I even mentioned it is because some of the other posters on this thread seemed to also think that English wasn't your primary language. I mean, the Google Translator approach helped the Algerian guy. I just figured it might help you, too. However, I suppose it was wrong of me to assume English wasn't your primary language without asking you. My bad...

Was it that the question was complicated maybe?

No, it was because your typing was barely coherent.

"Your post looks like other posts I've seen from posters in other countries who are posting in English as opposed to their native language."

This is what I was thinking, also.

Der-PC-Mann said:
No, it was because your typing was barely coherent.

"Your post looks like other posts I've seen from posters in other countries who are posting in English as opposed to their native language."

This is what I was thinking, also.

I have to agree because sometimes the spellchecker makes words look strange. I am not the best typist in the world.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. And the grammar, too. Sorry if I came off like I was making fun of you or something. I was kind of feeling like an asshole there for a minute.

FYI, long post coming. Sorry about this...but...

So here is what we know:
1. English is her native language.
2. The original post and follow up posts are very hard to understand grammatically and spelling-wise.
3. Everyone who has tried to help in this thread has been too confused by the OP to answer the questions
4. The original questions are still un-answered then.

So going back and re-reading the OP, I'm going to try to work through this thread.

You reloaded Windows and noticed a C: and a D: partition.
You choose to install Windows on D:, which you assumed was your external hard drive.
You went back and re-installed Windows again, this time deleting D: and installing on C:.
Now Windows runs fine, but when you connect your external hard drive, it does not show up in "My Computer".
You want to be able to get the data of the external hard drive and you used a program to see it, but in order to get it you have to pay for the program.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in any of this.

My questions:
Was the external hard drive connected when you re-installed Windows?
Does your computer run fine when the external hard drive in not connected to it?
Am I understanding it right that no matter what computer you plug the external hard drive into, it does not show up?
Is there a seperate power cord for the external hard drive enclosure?

A few more questions:
Does the computer have a memory card reader installed? One of those 9-in-1 card readers? If so, it's possible the the Drive letter it wants to use on the External hard drive, is being used by one of the slots of the card reader.
How many drives are showing in My Computer?
Under the System that you referred to, are you able to right-click or are there options that say anything about 'assign a drive letter'?

If you can post the answers to my questions, we might be able to work out a solution to get the files without paying for the program.

Back
Top Bottom