Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Camelia Send a message via MSN to Camelia Send a message via Yahoo to Camelia
Question External Harddrive Problem

Yesterday, while downloading some movies (on µTorrent) at least on of the videos had an error saying that it cannot find the file. I was being saved to my external hard drive and for some reason, it wasn't recognizing it. I click on my external hard dive in My Laptop (My Computer) and when I when the window opened, it was empty. I had turned off my external hard dive and turned it back on. The files were there and my movie began to download without any problem until a little while later. In µTorrent, I got the same error and I clicked on my external hard dive and the stuff was still there. I clicked to where I had the movie being saved and the file wasn't there. I had unplugged my external hard dive to move it and my laptop somewhere and when I plugged it back in, all I con was the removable disk icon in the tray but the icon for my external hard drive wasn't showing up in My Laptop (My Computer). Usually, hen I plug my external hard drive in, a have to wait few seconds then the icon would appear in My Laptop (My Computer) the a box would appear on the screen saying (autoplay) and would show it loading all the stuff onto my laptop. It's like the box you get when you copy a file from one place to another but only last about 5-6 seconds. And all my stuff is there. But all I get now is the icon (removable disk) in the system tray.