External Hard drive says to empty space when there is space left

The Mountain

Beta member
I bought a external hard drive a few months ago, a maxtor 200gb. I mostly have music and some games on it and I have 132gb of free space left. I have a few movies ( I used shrink, and decrypter to get them) on the internal that I would like to move to the external. Whenever I try and move the movies to the external it says that there is not enough space and that I should delete some files to make space. So is there anyway to get those files onto the external hard drive?

Thanks for the help.

crap, I just read what this forum was for and I guess its not for this type of question...

Well, id have to say.. Reformat to get it to recodnize the disk space. Or maybe, like.. defrag it.

Welcome to Computer Forums Clax, Enjoy your stay with us..;)

Welcome-09-june.gif

Now just for a friendly reminder, this is a computer related thread so i am moving it to hdware/sftware section..

~mr mixx~ said:
Welcome to Computer Forums Clax, Enjoy your stay with us..;)

Welcome-09-june.gif

Now just for a friendly reminder, this is a computer related thread so i am moving it to hdware/sftware section..

Heh, I didnt know I could scroll down under the gallery and other forum icons to all these threads.

Thanks for the help. I thought I did that when I first bought it. Would reformatting it or defrag it mean I would lose all the information I have on it now?

Edit: Just checked on trying to format:

It says Allocation Unit Size

Default Allocation Size
512 Bytes
1024 Bytes
2048 Bytes
4096 Bytes

Anyone know which one I should select?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom