external hard drive question

santinas0131

Solid State Member
hey everyone

got a 80G external hardrive and i have 30G of information in it but for some reason it tells me that i am using 72G how could this be possible. when i select all the files in it and i hit properties says 30G but on the hard drive properties says 72G

any suggestions

thanks ahead

1.Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2.Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
3.In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view.

Just take a screeny

ok i am in what info should we look at

sorry dude i am really new to all this and not to tech pc, no idea how to take a screeny

thanks for all your help though

k when u have the disk management window open press the "Print screen" button on your keyboard, towards the top right area. then open notepad and then press Ctrl+V and then save it, upload it to imageshack.us and give the link here

dude for some reason i am not able to take the screeny, maybe you could tell me what should i be looking for?

thanks

hey everyone

got a 80G external hardrive and i have 30G of information in it but for some reason it tells me that i am using 72G how could this be possible. when i select all the files in it and i hit properties says 30G but on the hard drive properties says 72G
any suggestions

thanks ahead

thats because even though you tick show hidden files windows will NEVER show you all the files on your hardrive. you need something like linux for that

Back
Top Bottom