External Enclosure

Frost17

Baseband Member
Silly Question That I Can't Figure Out:

Bought an external enclosure, computer recognizes it and it shows in device manager. Does not show in my computer. How do I go about it getting it to show to access what is on the hard drive?

yes... has an external power source....

shows up in device manager as working properly

anyone... seems like a simple problem with a simple solution... i am doing something wrong. i know i had this issue a long time ago with a different drive and someone on here told me what to do but i can't remember. please help!

what kind of HDD is it?
IE. Brand name, IDE/Sata, size, etc.

You probably need ot format the drive if it's new or a used one that you purchased. You can go into Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management, then find your drive and create a new partition (NTFS).

several different hdd (5 of them, all have same problem - different brands that all show in device manager) - they are from old computers I want to fix. hdd should still be fine because when they are in computers they boot up fine. just trying to pull off info from them and then reformat.

it's an iMicro external enclosure.

drives do not show up in disk management

i dunno... it shows up on my computer... i think it's just a matter of clicking something

i think nevermind is right and it is a format issue - i just don't know how to get it working

shows up in device manager as working properly

if i change the drive... it shows as a different drive

i just need to be able to open it!

no not at all..

poorly written with typos all over the place... guy at the computer store told me it was legit and sold a lot with no problems... doesn't look like it

i still think this is something simple i am doing wrong

Back
Top Bottom