Ext Hdd not working-Samsung 160GB with enclosure

mobileman

Beta member
Dear Experts,
let me tell you my problm:-

i am using 2 HDD's with one enclosure, one at a time. one is 80GB maxtor and the other is a Samsung 160GB. as my i was to format my Laptop, i have moved my datas(100GB) to my newly brought Samsung 160GB. after that, i have updated the datas to it.and also was retreving too.

but from last a month or two, this is not working. when i am connecting to the Laptop, i can feel that, inside, it spinns, after a few time, the red indication(busy) will on.and Laptop not recognizing HDD. but as i am connecting the other one(maxtor 80GB) still working without any trouble with the same encloure

so pls be kind to help me in this, as i want to get few datas from this, hardly

waiting to get your valuable replies
lovingly
mobileman

Dear,
thanking you for your reply.
i have checked the pins, all are in correct, and also, aftr removing this, i have checked the same enclosure to connect my another 80GB without fail.
just yesterday too, i have tried with both.

Are they SATA Hard drives?

If so, you can plug them into a standard SATA cable and the SATA power on the power supply.

Then turn the computer on and see if they are detected in the BIOS and the OS.

Which OS are you using?

You probably want to check to see what the SMART diagnostic says about your hard drive's health. You should probably download UBCD and burn the image to a CD and boot the CD.

Back
Top Bottom