Explain what 2.2 means on a ethernet card, and cross reference to a motherboard.....

joeeye

Solid State Member
How does this specification listed on the Ethernet/DSL card (BUS 32-bit PCI 2.2) go with the motherboard? Where do I look at the mobo spec's to find if this will work?

I read a review on this person was going to get an Ethernet card that had 2.0for a spec, and his system was only up to 1.8 and was told not to get it. Whats up with that?

Because my question is where do I see to read that in the spec's called out with my mobo? I want to know what ethernet card spec's I have to look for with this new mobo I just bought? Do I need to look at this as well?

I have an EPOX 9NPA nForce 4 Ultra 939 socket mobo that has an error code FF, I believe if I flash the bios I'll be okay, I rather not RMA it.

So since my mobo won't let me on line to flash I'll install a Enternet card and I just might get in thru the back door, then flash the bios, then if the error code FF goes away I'll keep it, if not I'll RMA it, if no luck with a card to get on line, then its really going RMA. :)

My motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813123236

Lets say I was to get this card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127134

Re: Explain what 2.2 means on a ethernet card, and cross reference to a motherboard.....

Invalid links..

Re: Explain what 2.2 means on a ethernet card, and cross reference to a motherboard.....

Oh, okay, thank you.

I'm still in the gray with understanding it all, so I don't want to buy an Ethernet card not knowing how they go together.

The thing is I cannot find where a specification with "invalid link" can be seen on my motherboard, the manual and all on line details says nothing about "Links".... is this a setting in BIOS?

The number I was looking for was 2.2 this number was not called out with the manual or the online spec.

No!! The links to the web pages are invalid! LMFAO!

As for ethernet cards, I think what your asking is where they go?

PCI slot, easy installation. Most mobo's have them onboard

Back
Top Bottom