Excel 2003 SP2 Macro Security Level in Registry

pmt82

Beta member
Was just wondering if and where the security level for macros can be changed to medium within the registry. I have had a look around under current user key and havent been able to find what I was looking for. Hopefully this can be changed under current user so that admin rights wont be needed and it can be added into the log on script. I found a site where they had done it with excel 2003 but because we have service pack two this seems to have changed the location or completly removed this feature from current user?

Any help is much appreciated, I will keep digging.

Well managed to find the remedy, and thought I would post it incase anyone else searches for it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820739/en-us

I used that as a guide (the user key directory in regedit). Simply just create (if they havent been already) a "Security" key folder, and then DWORD named "Level". (you can skip doing this by going into the office program through tools, macros and security and changing it to a level, and the folder and DWORD will be created automatically). Modify the Dword with the number 1 for low or 4 for high or anything in between, such as 2 for medium.
Then export these changes and place the .reg file for all the modifications into your login script.
Example:
regedit /s %logonserver%\NETLOGON\RegistryEdits\OfficeMacroSecurity.reg

Hope this helps anyone else who dosent want to change a workstation at a time for all their users.

Back
Top Bottom