Evil Partition! Need help ><

Coz1

Baseband Member
Hey I have this problem using Fdisk in comand promote, with a extended partiton, I try going to the option that says something like delete extended partition but it says it has a logocal drive inside, so then I go to delete logical drive and hit 1 since it is my only partition. after that it says there aren't any logical drives inside...

I can't format it either becuase it has no name like C: or E: or anything.
I really need to get rid of this but I don't have any idea how.
I can't even acces it either

go to command prompt. type "format c:" without the quotes (or whatever your drive letter is)

no not fdisk. just where it says a:\ and its flashing, type format c: ( or is that error what you are talking about?)

that to.. hmm is there a software for western digital hard drives that does a full format?

you could get hold of partition magic on a working pc and create rescue disks. you can format using that. i dunno any other ways. im crap with the whole dos thing lol. cant you just install an os then you can get a free prog like partition magic to sort your pc out

aww... was hoping not to do it throughtthat program ... it kind of got in to this mess in the first place ... guess i'll try again

yea ive had my troubles. i find its more my fault from lack of knowledge. just used it though on my pc now i can dual boot xp and vista

Back
Top Bottom