Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to Celldamage Send a message via Yahoo to Celldamage
Default Ever hear of Trillian??????

My Mentor (he calls himself Dreamwalker) suggested this software called Trillian to me. It supports 5 of the most popular IM softwares, Yahoo messenger, AIM, MSN messenger, IRC, and ICQ all with one click of a button. That way you don't have to open all of them and tax your CPU and RAM. I have used it for awhile now and I love it. It lacks some options but overall is great. You can download the .74 free, but I would spend the extra cash and go pro. Anyone who uses more than one IM client should really check it out. Let me know what you think.

Celldamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Yeah i use it, but it lacks some features that really annoy me..like I can't have proper profiles for AIM and I can't view other profiles (I mean like buddyprofile links or subprofile links) either. And almost all the time I can't use the direct connect. But still it's overall layout is good.

rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:47 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Its a useful piece of software, i use it the odd time and again but it doesnt support ANY of the new MSN 6.2 features,

and lets face it, display pictures and custom emotions = FUN!

lol
CoMpUtaFrEek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Ever hear of Trillian??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celldamage
My Mentor (he calls himself Dreamwalker) suggested this software called Trillian to me. It supports 5 of the most popular IM softwares, Yahoo messenger, AIM, MSN messenger, IRC, and ICQ all with one click of a button. That way you don't have to open all of them and tax your CPU and RAM. I have used it for awhile now and I love it. It lacks some options but overall is great. You can download the .74 free, but I would spend the extra cash and go pro. Anyone who uses more than one IM client should really check it out. Let me know what you think.
I've never heard of it - but why use a 5 in 1 with a fifth of the features when you can still use only one but with ten times the features? And out of every 10 people who sign in on Trillian, more than 9 would be using MSN anyway.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:02 AM   #5
Baseband Member

Send a message via MSN to HerrDoktor

i tried it ages ago when msn 6 just came out and it had no support for custom emoticons/ display pics etc. it was ok though and i liked the customisable skins. personaly, i now just use msn seeing as i like it best of all the im apps.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:16 AM   #6
Guru

MSN is the best anyway. Why would Microsoft lend their good name to an product inferior to Yahoo or AOL? All you need to do is look at Yahoo Messenger or AOL Messenger and you'll see the difference between them and MSN Messenger.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #7
Baseband Member

Send a message via MSN to HerrDoktor

AIM is the worst. its horrible.. i dont wanna talk about it
Old 06-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #8
Guru

No - it is dreadful GUI and everything.