Ever have a partition that wont go away?

PuNkY

In Runtime
Well I do. I was re-installing Fedora on my HDD and made a 20gig partition for it, and 1gig for swap. Something went wrong so I deleted the partition, and went to add the free space back to my Windows partition(as I normally do) and it would not combine. It really pissing me off cause its 20gigs of dead space that I might need.
5x8jar9.jpg

As you can see it IS "free space" and not formatted. Now how can I put this space back on my Windows partition?

BTW I used Arcnis Disk Director for all my partitioning/formatting. I'm downloading Gparted now and gunna give that a try tomarrow.

Its probably from your linux install, windows might be having problems reading it or something.

If you do a low level format of the entire drive that will clear it up, most HDD diagnostic utilities have this option.

Got it fixed, even though it ruined my Windows partition. Oh well, It was bout time for a clean install anyways :D

Okay, as you wish. I would have used Partition magic for a first, then finished off with Windows's partitioning.

I'm having real bad problems with my partitions. I can't resize or delete them. I keep getting errors with both Acronis and Partition Magic. What's a program that's guaranteed to work?

Back
Top Bottom