Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to an0nym0us Send a message via AIM to an0nym0us
Default Re: Even the best buy's geek squad doesen't know

of course the geek squad wouldn't know, what do you expect from a bunch of minimum wage earners that wear black ties and pocket protectors to look "cool."

an0nym0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I found just the thing you need: HDMI Cable Splitter. It will allow you to connect two different devices into your TV.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I found just the thing you need: HDMI Cable Splitter. It will allow you to connect two different devices into your TV.
Umm look up in the thread I already showed him HDMI switchs.

The one I linked him to from MonoPrice is a far better value. For $20 more he gets 4 total HDMI inputs plus a remote control so his dad doesn't have to get up and flip a switch to change the input.

Also if his dad decides to add a Blu ray player or a HD satellite/cable box he isn't going to run into a input problem again. IMO 2 is not enough.

The bottom line is a HDMI switch is the ideal solution since everything these days comes with HDMI. One small cable that carries both audio and video rather than multiple wires creating a cable mess.

He seems insistent on some other route though so I give up.

All I can say is if you use component or S-Video your going to regret not getting the switch. What happens when he wants HD Satellite or cable or when Blu Ray players get cheaper and he wants one of those? Yes thats right your back to the lack of input options problem yet again.....

I hope he has lots of component inputs for them since its that or HDMI for actual Hi Def viewing.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post
No the front of the pc has blue,green and I think it's red. They are supposed to be as good as hdmi. That is what I would like to use. But I want to know if all I have to do is just connect them and that's it or do I have to set it up through the pc to make the signal go through the cables. Then again aren't the blue green and red cables just for video. I will still need the red and white(rca's) to get the audio to right?
oh sweet, that's cool it has the component outputs. So then what's the problem? Just connect the TV via those outputs and you've got video. Then, if you don't have the red and white audio outputs then you can get a splitter to go from the single audio output to the audio RCA.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote