Ethernet card software help

jhill4

Beta member
I have a dell computer and it caught a virus so I had it rebooted, so everything on the computer is fresh. So now I can't connect to the internet because charter installed the ethernet card and I don't have the software cd, so I was wondering what else could I do to install it so that I can connect back to the internet

If you can post the model of the Ethernet card I can get the drivers online for you and then you can transfer it over from the computer you're currently using to the newly reformatted one with a flash-drive, CD, or a floppy.

Hmm, It may look like you've got a Winsock problem. If not just follow Joga, post up your Ethernet Card Specs and he'll look for a driver that fits the card and if not, please go to www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html To get the Winsock XP Fix which may be a big help. It cleans your winsock registry keys and replaces them with new, fresh ones. Just remember to back all of it before you start, or It might even create a bigger problem.

~EnviousX

Sounds to me like it probably is just a driver problem. Post the model number and one of us'll get drivers to you. If that fails then we'll look at Winsock repairs

Back
Top Bottom