Ethernet Card >_<

Lizzzifer

Beta member
A friend and I recently threw together a computer for my brother using parts from other computers we had lying around.

The case we used had a good motherboard in it and most of the drives in good working condition. We put in a new CDROM and a new Hard drive. The only real problem was it still had a dial up modem card and we have DSL. Fortunately, I have a brand new and semi-new ethernet card. But when I went to put one in I realized that the mother board was on the opposite side of the case. ie...when I went to put the ethernet card in the side of the card that plugs in was facing me and the mother board was on the other side. So, the only way to put it in would be upside down. o_O

I don't know what to do. My friend said to just try it anyways, but I don't want to mess anything up. Would it be safe to put it in upside down? Would it even work that way?! lol

For now, I gave my brother an external ethernet card. It hooks up to the USB port, but for some reason he gets disconnected every few minutes.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!
-Liz

I'm not exactly sure what your asking... But every single PCI networking card(well, every PCI card in general) has gone in upside down.

I too question why sometimes, seeing as even writing on say soundcards end up being upside down, but if your asking what I'm thinking you are, there's no problem with it.

Yeah, that's what my dad said, but he said he wasn't completely sure. So, I didn't want to take a chance.

I guess I'll go for it then.

Thanks for your help :)

can you take a picture of the card the way you think it is supposed to be installed? I'm not getting exactly what your saying, there is only one way to put in a pci card....the right way.

I got it in and it's works. Now that I got it under control my question seems like a really dumb question. -_-
Thanks, though

Back
Top Bottom