ethernet cable unplugged??

jeff8472

Beta member
Hello all I was wondering if someone can help me with my ethernet connections......I have an onboard ethernet jack in my computer and one day it said on the bottom of the screen that "A network cable is unplugged".......I thought maybe it got fried or something so I went and got a PCI ethernet card and put it in and the same thing happend with that even though it is plugged in and everything I have nothing like it doesnt think there is a cable plugged in, yet when i go to my network connections it has the name of the ethernet card and says its working properly and is enabled....and I have two computers plugged into the hub the one works fine with two lights and the other that doesnt work only has one light..the link light is out.. anyone have any suggestions

Running Windows XP SP1
3.0 gig pentium
ASUS P4P800S
512MB RAM

mines says that all the time...cuz i have 2 ethernets and use usb..:p Its not a problem unless your saying you cannot access the internet which is not mentioned

hello

thanks for replying guys but I am still having a problem and I am baffled, my onboard lan is enabled in bios the problem I am having is that it says the cable is unplugged which is crazy because I have a cable from my ethernet jack on the back of my computer and its plugged into my hub, and my other computer is plugged into the hub also and there is a connection light on on the hub but not on the one that doesnt work, its not the cable because i swapped them, it says in the device manager that the cards are working properly, its as if I have a network set up and the cables are not plugged in....

very annoying that you have not read my post. CAN YOU GET ON THE INTERNET

Try deleteing the network connections from networking. Disconnect the power from the hub.
Shut down totally-rehook everything power up and see if windows finds your hardware and reinstalls the networking.

Have you tried switching the cable to a different port on the hub? I have seen many a port go bad on hubs, especially older ones.

guys, there is nothing wrong here until he explains his internet status.

hello

hey guys, yes I can get on the internet I have dsl and I was using my ethernet jack until it didnt work so now I am connected through the usb port and the hub is good because I have two other computers hooked into it and they work fine I can ping them and everything is ok......it has got to be some sort of setting because when i take to ethernet card and plug it into my other computer it works I am thinking of fdisk and starting from scratch but i dont really want to do that

Back
Top Bottom