errors

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I'd been having a problem with my computer shutting down and someone mentioned to me that I might be getting a bsod, so I unchecked the option to "automatically shut down" my machine and voila...the bsod came up and had the following error:
Stop:0x0000007E
kmixer.sys
this error has come up a couple times

another error message
Stop:0x0000008E
win32k.sys

both messages said "Beginning dump of physical memory.....complete"
the second error message has only happened once.

this only seems to happen when I use musicmatch jukebox and musicmatch radio. I looked up kmixer.sys and it said it was a kernel mode audio mixer.
what do you guys make of this?

All I can say is that that file is interferring with the shutdown process and its got a problem.
Try un-installing those programs and re-installing them again. Maybe it got a bit corrupted.

As for the second error since its only happened once, it might be just a one off.
Have you got spyware removers/antivirus programs on your comp you could check it with?

Also try running Check Disc from within Windows to check for errors that might be able to be fixed on the hard drive:

Go to Run and type

Chkdsk.exe

It might find some problems and fix them, which might fix the fault, you never know.

Hope this helps :)

Kage said:
All I can say is that that file is interferring with the shutdown process and its got a problem.
Try un-installing those programs and re-installing them again. Maybe it got a bit corrupted.

As for the second error since its only happened once, it might be just a one off.
Have you got spyware removers/antivirus programs on your comp you could check it with?

Also try running Check Disc from within Windows to check for errors that might be able to be fixed on the hard drive:

Go to Run and type

Chkdsk.exe

It might find some problems and fix them, which might fix the fault, you never know.

Hope this helps :)

thanks....I'm planning on maybe reinstalling my sound card and maybe musicmatch too. I have Norton Antivirus and run spyware/adware checkers weekly. The second error (win32k.sys) happened again yesterday about 5 minutes after the kmixer.sys error happened.. When I get around to it I'll post the minidump files to see if anyone can make sense of them. thanks for the suggestions.

No probs. Okay, though have you tried running chkdsk? This could find a problem, but its a longshot...worth a try though like anything

I have tried chkdsk, didn't find anything wrong. I have also reinstalled my soundcard to no avail. do you think that my kmixer.sys file could be corrupt?

Yeah. If you can find the file on your drive by searching for it using Windows Search, then just get that driver from somewhere, like from a cd, and replace it with the one there. This might sort your problem out :)

I searched for it, it's in a couple different places too, I have upgraded my display drivers as well so we'll see what that does

upgrading the display drivers didn't work either, I'm still getting the errors, now I got the kmixer error at startup, where it never did that before....what do you think about a repair installation of xp?
I hope it doesn't come down to a reformat but it looks like that might be the case.

Back
Top Bottom