Error on startup sometimes

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Every once in a while on start up my computer will go to some kind of memory dump or something and it counts down then restarts the computer. The computer runs fine with no issues, but was wondering why sometimes it does this when I turn on the computer. Any ideas how to fix this? Sorry I can't be more in detail, next time it does it, I will write down exactly what it says.

.....Sorry I can't be more in detail, next time it does it, I will write down exactly what it says.
That's the story, without some specific info I'd just be guessing.

Have a look at the programmes that load at start up, see if any of them may be the cause.

Any overclocks apart from the gpu?

yes. Also is there a way to make vista stop asking me to allow RivaTuner to start up without having to manually allow everytime the computer boots up?

for starters I'd stop rivatuner loading at startup and see if the mini dumps stop.

What version of Rivatuner is it the 2.06 ???

I know Unwinder doesn't support some cards/features in Vista so maybe an option you have selected in Rivatuner is causing the dumps.

I don't proclaim to be a Rivatuner Guru but I know there is a pretty good read me with it.

good call, I know he fixed some Vista stuff in the 2.06 release, there was a thread about it over on Guru3D

Back
Top Bottom