Error With My Dvd-rom!

Captain.Ash

Baseband Member
Hey... First thread here so you guys know...
I'm having problems with my DVD-ROM.
I got it recently, its an LG Dvd-Rom (no burners, just DVD playing and CD playing). It is "HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B".

DVD's Work fine, so do most CD's.. However im having problems with a few PC-CD roms... The Need For Speed Underground CD game... And Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 CD game. I will go through the process of what happens with NFSU first (the other one i forgot what happened EXACTLY.. it just mainly just like the following one). I put in the CD.. At first its fine, it loads perfect too. I then start installing.. still pretty good. BUT, after around 20-40% of installing.. it says a file cannot be read. Thats ok, i just take out the CD, give it a little wipe, put it back in, click Retry. It does this again near 60% with another file... I have to put it in TWICE and then click Retry. Soon, around 83%, It cannot find another file. From then on, it can NEVER find this file. Now, it is NOT the CD, because each time i tried it, different files couldnt be found. And, each time i tried it, it got more and more errors.. After a few reboots and tries.. The CD's cannot even be read. They work fine on my Brother's DVD Burner (Pioneer). Why not mine? I also found that the CD would just stop working after a certain amount of Time, AND I also found that one time when i put in the CD, it could read ONE folder of the whole CD.. No files in the CD either. If you have any idea what the heck is going on here.. Please tell me (I also tried copying it to my HDD with Alcohol 120%.. It would stop around 50% because the CD would lose focus and wouldnt be read anymore).

Thanks a lot if you have an Idea.
NOTE: Remember after all of these different things i tried, the CD could no longer be read on my DVD rom, and it still is like that.

Ok, i just for NFSU installed.. However, I had to install it Half installation, not full.. Also.. When i have the game open, every now and then it asks me to put the CD back in when it IS. So i have to take out cd and put it back in again.. then it will completely stop working a few times after that. Please, help me ;(

Back
Top Bottom