Error message

big gee

Solid State Member
Hi everbody, I just joined this forum today. I am looking for help with the following problem. When I try to install a certain prog from a cd I get the error message 2721 stating that I must uninstall another version of this prog. It then asks me if I want to uninstall now, and when I click yes, it just repeats this in a loop. I have looked in the registry and there is no other version of the prog installed. Any suggestions please ? G

1st of all Welcome to CF....

So what is it yer tring to install? is it showing up in the control panel / add/remove program list ?

And what OS are you using ?

Thanks for the welcome. Prog is Tuneup Utilities 2004. It's not in the add/remove list and I am using XP/SP2 home. I also tried to d/l the trial version of this prog with the same result ?

Is this a store bought program, or is it downloaded from the net ? and is it another trial ware or full version ?

Ok, it's along shot but try this.....Boot up to safe mode without networking...

And install it from safe mode...program's that give me problem's like that, i install in safe mode.this helps cause nothing in interfering with the install.

Not even the virus protection, oh and by the way....some program's don't get installed correctly if the Anti-virus is enabled.

Sorry Mr M, same result in safe mode. I turned off AVG as well. I emailed T/U last night re the free trial and they suggested running Windows Installer Cleaner and provided the link for that. This had no effect. I thought that if I ran Regedit and removed everything it found for this prog, that would be it gone. Am I wrong on this ?

Nope your right on that one, that's how i got around using trial program;s over & over.

I don't understand why you'd get the same error in safe mode...Well i helped you to the best of my knowledge, maybe some one can help you further.

Back
Top Bottom