"Error Loading operating system"

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Alright, about 3 years ago my grandmother bought a Gateway MFATXSTL KTH 300S and now I think her HD is shot, but Im not to sure.

Ok so my grandmother calls me today saying her PC isnt working, so I asked her whats wrong, well she tells me there is a black screen and it is says "Error loading operating system". So go over there get the PC and ALL the disks it came with and brought it home to see what I could do.

So Here is what I have done. I tried reinstalling the windows with the operating system CD that came with the PC and everytime I try to partition the drive it tells me that it cant be partitioned because of bad sectors. Next I put in the Drivers disks and I got to running the ScanDisk program and I got a message that says:

" ScanDisk Encountered a data error while reading the FAT entry for cluster 81920

This error prevents ScanDisk from fixing this drive"

Then I rebooted the PC from the same disks and tried to install the windows files, but I got a message saying:

" General faliure reading C Drive"

And while it was processing through the PC Bus it also listed that AIC-789X cant be found and ASP18U2.SYS cant found.

So does anyone know how I can go about fixing this? I have a feeling that the HD is dead, but I'm not sure

Must be a bad HDD, Im guessing it's IDE..

Might be time for a new one, just a cheapy 5200RPM.

Try and replace the IDE cable on the HDD first, and try using a different power connector.

yea. new hdd. it must be well buggered up if it cant even repair the sectors by a format and scandisk. hdds are cheap enough

Back
Top Bottom