Erratic Internet Connection

s37d

Banned
This is a P4 3.0 system I built just for basic online access. It has 1 stick of 768 mb ram along with a very old 40gb ide hard drive I had lying around. It's been up and running for about 2 years now and as long as I can remember it's had this problem. The problem is that half the time it starts up or comes out of sleep, the internet won't work. It will say it's connected in the wireless management configuration, but it can't access the web or email or anything. Can't even ipconfig /release /renew in cmd, just won't let it, as if it doesn't detect any devices. I first started off using a wireless pci card from Netgear. I figured this card might be the problem so I disabled it in device manager and installed a wifi usb dongle, hoping this would fix it. It did not. Any ideas? I'm probably going to just reformat and reinstall xp to see if it helps, can't think of anything else to do at this point.

I've tried both the wireless zero and the manufacturer's, both give the same problem. Right now I'm using the manufacturer's.

Back
Top Bottom