Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Entry Level Laptop

Hi

I need to get a laptop for a student her budget is about $450 - $500. I just need something basic, nothing to fancy. Will mostly only be used for work.

I recieved the Specs on the Gigabyte Q1580L looks nice, but im always open to more options.

Thanks in advance

Kylothian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to abowlofrice
Default Re: Entry Level Laptop

Lenovo is pretty cheap and are decent. Go on their website and browse the IdeaPad G-series. They have coupon codes that take 200 dollars off your purchase.

You can also go with Acer. They are cheap for the specifications but bad, and I mean BAD customer service. My fan also doesn't work as its supposed to be so my acer shuts down when I'm playing games due to overheat. (anyone know a fan control program for windows 7?).

Sony is probably my ideal laptop because they're aesthetically pleasing. Plus, can't go wrong with Sony quality. The downside is that they're expensive.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Entry Level Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by abowlofrice View Post
Lenovo is pretty cheap and are decent. Go on their website and browse the IdeaPad G-series. They have coupon codes that take 200 dollars off your purchase.

You can also go with Acer. They are cheap for the specifications but bad, and I mean BAD customer service. My fan also doesn't work as its supposed to be so my acer shuts down when I'm playing games due to overheat. (anyone know a fan control program for windows 7?).

Sony is probably my ideal laptop because they're aesthetically pleasing. Plus, can't go wrong with Sony quality. The downside is that they're expensive.
Look into speedfan

also, I would recommend Lenevo, they're built like rocks. I would steer away from Dell/HP though.