Emulators?

It's not supposed to be illegal if you actually own the game/console, etc. If you don't own the game, then you're supposed to delete within 24 hrs. However, if you ever look in the back of a game manual, it says all types of game-copying is infringing on copyright laws. Basically, if you didn't buy it, the law sees it as illegal. The lines for emulation are still blurry so play with caution!

Yeah, but like Bittorrents/file sharers etc, it isn't the emulators fault, how you choose to use the program.

Its the ROMS that are illigal if you keep them for more than 24 hours (supposedly), not the emulator, though, I guess you could argue, that if you haven't got the system, you shouldn't own an emulator for it, ROMS included or not.

I believe if you have them though, it'd be alright.

does anyone know where to find ps1 roms? i own the console and what to relive the memories of some old games :D

You can't download PS1 roms. You could find ISO's on the net, but that'd be considered illiegal since to have the ROMS/ISO's in the first place, you must have the original CD, and if you have that, then all PS1 emulators will run from a disc since they are just ran from standard CD drivers.

For instance, the great ePSX runs straight from CD. I use it to play the Crash Bandicoot series (great games)

yes i have all the crash bandicoot games! so u put the original game that u have in to your computer??? sorry u kinda lost me with the cd thing.

nintendo 64: daedalus

the reviews were really bad, but it works perfectly with super mario 64, which is the only game i play

EricM - Yep, you just place the CD in and boot ePSX up. Do note you may have to configure the cd drive dirver to use, the graphics drvier to use, and the sound driver to use (loads of plugins on the website, though it comes with some pre-built in), and these can all have a positive effect to how they play, and how good the games look.

Cileskot - Yeah its weird how on a computer system, you tend to only one best game that you play more than others. For instance, playstation for me was Crash Bandicoot, Sonic on Megadrive (Genesis), Snes with the original Starfox, etc

Back
Top Bottom