emachines misticly not working

DJM1972

Baseband Member
My dad has an emachine and he hardly ever used it. Then one day it just quit working. When you plug the power cord in you don't even have to press the power button. The processor fan comes on and the led indacator just blinks so do the 3 light on the key board and thats all it does. The computer won't boot. I called a local home computer place and the said they had the same problem for some mystical reason they are unfixable. Has anyone had this problem & if so what in the world have you done?

unfixable... I doubt that. Does it make a beeping sound when u try to boot it up?
Screen just stays black?

Video Card/Mobo Onboard Graphics couldve went out... but its hard to say...
since the lights came on on your keyboard, you're getting power to you mobo, but that doesnt necessarily means its workin though...

do you know the model number of the computer?

i too have an emachines and something along the line happened to me. one day the computer just wouldn't start and i thought the PSU burned out but i opened the case and unplugged the cords that run from the power button in the front to the mobo and then replugged, then magically it worked fine from there on.

only problem is that the blue LED behind the button burned out from me doing that so there is no more like coming from it.

try doing what i just said and maybe it will work, its worth a try.

my gues would be that the mobo is broken. I had kinda similar problems once, turned out that the mobo wasn't working.

I have an emachine and i had that problem once, it was just that the cpu came loose some how (Fu*k knows how lol)

Seen the same many times from e-machines. its the Mobo. in the future stay away from them. all the ones i've seen, broke within 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom