eMachine Desktop PC. (T6522) -- Is it worth it?

Blizzy

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've recently come upon a computer which seemed to me to be too good to be true:

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid...ategorylist.do/rpem/ccd/howToGetItTab.do#tabs

Under specs it shows a very impressive system for its price; and although it does not specify the MoBo's one PCI-E expansion slot, I've had reports that it is indeed a x16 slot.

So is this computer actually worth it? Being a casual gamer, I'd like to at least play CS: Source, WoW, Half Life 2, and maybe Age of Empires 3 without lag.

I've also recently bought an eVGA e-GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E 128mb DDR3 graphics card which I believe I can upgrade on this MoBo, correct?

Wow...that's not bad for the price...AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1gb DDR RAM, a big hard drive...not bad at all...

I'm not sure about the ability to upgrade though. If that machine has integrated video, then you'll have to deactivate it through the BIOS, which sometimes is locked depending on the manufacturer. If it isn't then just turn it off and install your 6600 GT and the nescessary drivers.

Woah dude stop right there, that computer is way over priced, Even for a prebuilt system

And not to mention the motherboard is crappy,
Doesn't even come with a monitor for that price

Hm, true, but the stuff that comes INSIDE is not bad.

Becides, how do you know that the motherboard is crappy? Just because they're pre-built doesn't mean that they suck. For about $649 that computer comes with a lot of stuff. Even Dell's computers that are on sale don't come with that much.

The reason I say its crappy, look at the number of PCI Slots, 3 and only 1 PCI-e slot, a bit below average

And sure it has a large hard drive and ram, but you never trust a computer that doesnt tell you the brand. Theyre not all created equal lol

And on a side note, Cicuit City has a horrible return policy, Theyll never replace it, theyll take 6-9 months to fix it and charge you for it even under warranty.

Err...ever heard of a Micro-ATX motherboard? They're usually cheaper, and only have 3 normal PCI slots because of the size. Becides, if he's not upgrading much, then its fine

Hard drives are usually all from the same companies. Maxtor, Western Digital, Hitachi, Toshiba, Seagate etc etc etc.

*shrug* Circuit City still Sucks

lol I only started every word in that sentence with C or S

they still don't tell the brand of motherboard, if I remember right, didn't someone tell me one time that emachines use foxconn motherboards? will someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tommy Boy said:
they still don't tell the brand of motherboard, if I remember right, didn't someone tell me one time that emachines use foxconn motherboards? will someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's not necessarily bad, right?

Back
Top Bottom