Eell 193FP Minitor now working properly Windows 7

dominover1

Baseband Member
I have installed Windows 7 Pro and one of my monitors E193FP Dell 19 inch monitor is now recognized as a generic monitor and is powered by the onboard graphics card. I can't change the resolution and it seems to be stuck on 848 x 480,

I'm using a Dell Optiplex 990 SSF i5 2400.

The problem is this... dell only provides drivers for this monitor under a 32 bit platform, and I am using a 64 bit platform. Very cunning of dell but I don't suddenly feel impelled to go out and buy another dell monitor. I'll never buy one again.

Would anyone know if there is a good generic driver out there which will allow me to use this monitor and drive it properly?

I'm amazed that this is as difficult as it is.

Sorry I can't help pyou with the driver problem. I had one of those monitors a while back although mine was the 17 inch version. It worked for a number of years with a Dell machine but when I built my own computer it just would not work. Eventually I gave up trying and went out and bought another monitor. I do not know what Dell do with their monitors to render them incompatible with anything other than their own computers. I have never had to install a monitor driver for any other monitor, they just work. that is quite an old monitor now so it may be time to ditch Dell and go out and buy something less troublesome. Or maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

I have never had a problem like that. That's odd.
Maybe try and ask Dell support via live chat.
You can say a lot about dell, but their costumer support is top notch.

Usually monitors don't require specific drivers as the ones that Windows has already included will work. Then the GPU drivers will help set a suitable resolution. Have you tried using a dedicated GPU and different cables? The monitor should also have an auto function where you press that button and it will automatically adjust to the right resolution.

Back
Top Bottom