Editing PC Build *Medium/Long Read*

Robinhoood

Solid State Member
So I've read all the stickies and a really good build thread *new* and it was a great read and I'm ready to post my questions.

How do you know if all the parts of a PC compatible with one another?

Where are the "Noob" threads? or building a PC for beginners guides?

Recently I've been really getting into video editing and I've come to the point where I feel my work is being limited by my PC's performance. Running multiple programs such as Adobe AE, Photoshop, Sony Vegas 8.0, and Pinnacle Studio is just not possible. My AE freezes and my capturing software(Pinnacle Studio) produces laggy quality videos.

Current Laptop Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
1.83GHz
3.00 GB RAM
32-Bit Operating System
No known Video-card, most likely standard
Same for Audio-card if existing

TO THE POINT

I'm willing to spend up to $800 on a PC build, unless convinced otherwise that an extra $200 will make me the next Steven Spielberg, haha jk.

Over on the MLGpro.com Forums, a website for competitive gamers, we have in our forums something called "Official Request an Editor Thread" where players will post requests for an editor and editors will agree to make videos/montages and what not.

My question is do you guys over here have a similar thread whereas one might post a build request? Or possibly be assigned a build advisor? I personally think this would make a great thread.

Any and all feedback appreciated. Thanks guys

- Robinhoood

My Youtube Channel

You are going to need a video card that is not a standard/onboard card. Look on Newegg for higher end graphics cards.

Well, some of the Intel chips hold a modest edge in overall speed with some of the video and graphics editing programs. But for the price, it's hard to beat an AMD.

Well, some of the Intel chips hold a modest edge in overall speed with some of the video and graphics editing programs. But for the price, it's hard to beat an AMD.

Hmm well here's how I see it. I already have a $200 monitor that I use for gaming so thats an extra $200 I can spend on Intel. Not the best of mindsets but it is progressive lol

Mind if we AIM chat?

AIM: TheRobinhoood

Sorry, I don't have any messenger programs installed right now.

mhm I see. Also, the case really doesn't matter does it? I'm sure most of them are universally made to house the basics? And one of the major major things I'm going to need for my build is a USB 3.0 port. I need to be able to run this monster smoothly.

For image/video editing, you should definitely go with a core i7 build. I am not really an intel expert, so I will leave it to someone else to put together for you.

For $800, you could get a decent i7 build. Will you be doing any gaming, or is it strictly for editing?

Back
Top Bottom