Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default ebay systems???

what you guys think if i order some custom build computer from ebay.. i found really cheap systems(like phenom X3 for like 230$) ... they without hdd and OS ....but i think its not problem i have hard drive and cd XP-pro.......... did any one got custom computer on ebay??????

wich one is better athlon X2 6000+ OR Phenom X4 9550 2.2ghz OR intel C2D E7200 2.3GHZ ??? any one? like for multimedia stuff ,photoshop, multitasking.

leha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #2
Jk
In Runtime

Default Re: ebay systems???

I've never had a ebay computer but I don't think there would be anything wrong with them. Post what you're thinking of getting so we can see if they are skimping on any components.

About the processor, you would be better off multitasking with the phenom X4 (since it's a quad core), everything else would probably be better with the C2D.

I miss my opty :c
Jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

You might as well buy a barebone kit. They contain the same stuff. They should be around the same price. At least they give you piece of mind if something goes wrong.
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Baseband Member

i finaly order barebone kit from tiger direct ,,,( XFX MG-63Mi-7159 Socket 775 Barebone Kit - nForce 630i/7150, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 OEM, 4GB Corsair PC6400, ATX Mid-Tower Case, 500 Watt Power Supply) for 299$! after 50$rebate(350$) i think for that $$ its great deal , and i also got some cooling fan Masscool 8WA741 29$ ... am actualy going to build my first computer any tips? ........

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...0941&CatId=333 barebone kit

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...377&CatId=1588 cooling fan
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

That's a nice barebone system. Are you planning on using the onboard graphics built into the motherboard or using a separate video card? If you are planning on playing any of today's high powered games, you're going to need a video card as the onboard graphics system isn't enough to handle them.

This thread has lots of links to sites that show how to assemble computers: How to Build your Own Computer
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
That's a nice barebone system. Are you planning on using the onboard graphics built into the motherboard or using a separate video card? If you are planning on playing any of today's high powered games, you're going to need a video card as the onboard graphics system isn't enough to handle them.

This thread has lots of links to sites that show how to assemble computers: How to Build your Own Computer
hey... i am actually planning to buy some video card, am not a gamer tho, so il just going to buy some 50$ card, its enough for me ... all i need is hdmi input/output so i can connect to my TV and, its already build in motherboard, is the stock video card is ok to watch HD movies, clips?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

If your not a gamer, then you'll be fine with the integrated graphics. It will work great for playing HD movies and it has an HDMI output that you can connect to an LCD or Plasma HDTV.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LukaszR

A little advise.

DO NOT buy a computer off ebay...

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
Baseband Member

are thermal gels they al same? like brands? witch one should i use?
another question to you guys since its my first time building a computer how difficult is installing a CPU,coolingfan? any one want share your experience.. some tips would b nice
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Omnipotent One

They all pretty much perform the same. Arctic Silver is the most popular. The cooler should come with a tube of thermal paste or it may even have the paste pre-applied.

Here's a cheesy video that shows how to install the CPU and heatsink:

Here's instructions on the correct way to apply thermal paste: Instructions for Arctic Silver 5