In-ear philips headphones come out the wrong end... WTF?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone.. Weird problem. I own a pair of these:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8005008&type=product&id=1155848368219

closer up pics:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G35RYK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I got them for christmas and theyve been great for the price. The other day, i was in the computer lab at school with my headphones on listening to music. I usually listen to music loud but for some reason i couldnt get my volume too loud. I didnt think much of it, but it was kinda annoying that i couldnt listen to it at a nice volume.

Then, this kid came up and said, hey can you turn down your music. I turned to him and said "ok... i can barely hear it how the hell can you" and he said "dude the whole lab can hear you... its loud"

So as my earphones are out, i can hear that there is loud music. I was extremely confused because i was sure it was quiet. put them back on, quiet. then i realized that the sound was all coming out of the back end (like bass output i think?? dunno) of the earbuds. like the side away from the ear. almost NO sound at all coming from the earbuds themselves. If you look at the amazon pics, you can CLEARLY see which end goes in the ears, so no im not confused which end goes in my ears. Then you can see the smaller silver little hole on the back of them (which is where the sound is coming from...)

And its not like the speakers are blown, they play perfectly fine quality music loud and everything, just out the wrong end... It'd be fine except it's just a little tough to fit the other side in my ears, so i cant really listen to it.

What the hell happened... can i get a refund from best buy? They used to work fine, i didnt do anything wrong

Thanks!

thats the strangest thing ive ever heard. try to return or exchange them. thats nuts....

Sounds like something is wrong with them, you probably should return them and get new ones. Buy a different kind, for 30 bucks you can get a lot better headphones than that.

Yeah but i cant return without a receipt... Best buy shouldnt have sold it in the first place though

are the right and left ear cords the same length? i hate the behind the neck wiring...

also, you think its even worth going back to best buy with no receipt? the headphones have also started zapping me (like electricity) in the ears... Hurts like hell. best buy really shouldnt even be selling the product

are the right and left ear cords the same length? i hate the behind the neck wiring...

also, you think its even worth going back to best buy with no receipt? the headphones have also started zapping me (like electricity) in the ears... Hurts like hell. best buy really shouldnt even be selling the product
Yeah, the cords are the same length.

It can't hurt to go to best buy and try to return them, the worst they'll do is say no, if they don't say no, they'll probably give you store credit since you have no reciept.

Dude, that ain't good when they start zapping you....lol

Hahahha yeah no kidding - one of them really hurt too. I haven't worn them since the big zap lol

I'll bring 'em over to best buy tomorrow... If I don't post back by tomorrow it means i've officially killed myself because heres what my agenda is:

1. call HP support because their shitty $150 "Ultrabrite" upgrade screen died on me so now im just left with an awful dark screen.

2. Go to the apple store because my iPod that I got 2 weeks ago no longer turns on

3. Best buy...

4. And the best for last... My all time favorite... Going to the VERIZON STOREEE!! YAY!!! To get my FOURTH VX8700 phone replaced (I swear to god these things die on me like no other...). I hate going there and having them stare at me and say "you know you've gotten a replacement three times right.." and me having to say "you know you continue to give me the same piece of shit phone EVERY TIME RIGHT????"

nothing like having underpaid employees pretend to examine my phone so they can at least make it seem like theyre doing SOMETHING with their job... When meanwhile, any grandmother could tell you that the front screen of a phone being cracked CANT BE FIXED. Please though... waste another 2 hrs of my life

anyways, with any luck i MIGHT survive the day, ill let you guys know

Thanks for the help everyone!

Tommy Boy,
Mines coming up on a year and not a moments trouble.
Jackson.MacKenzie,
From your comments you sound like you're a little rough on hardware.

Back
Top Bottom