Re: E8400 now or wait for Phenom X2?
I just ordered an E8400 and an E3110. I'll compare them and then keep the one that gives the best results. I didn't really want to wait for Phenom X2 even though I'd have liked one, and it would mean I'd need a new mobo too.
Anyway, my lapped Q6600 is up for sale on Ebay.fr if anyone's interested...
EDIT: Make that two E8400s. The E3110 just went out of stock and the price was quite high too.
But when I get my two retail E8400s, is there any way of knowing the VID before opening the box? as I want to keep one sealed. Will the sticker on the side tell me anything?
Anyone with a retail E8400, could you please help me with this?
And I know that a lower VID doesn't neccessarily mean that it'll clock better but it's just reassuring.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.