E6600, EVGA 680i, AC 7 Temperature problems

01tacomaman

Baseband Member
I ran a stress test today actually prime 95 and got my computer up to 100% CPU usage and my temp were 65 degrees celcius at the cpu. Is this okay for a stock E6600 CPU with a Artic Cooler 7 92mm Cooling fan and all fans on 100% in the case?

i agree with hascet, that is too hot. i'm running the same setup board and processor wise, and even oc'ed i'm idle at 40, and don't get above 45 after three hours of gamming.

if you can, start by redoing the thermal paste in the processor, and see where that gets ya.

01tacomaman said:
okay how do I do that and do I put it on the bottom of the fan? and what are some other tips
Just put it on the processor. It'll spread to the heatsink once you attach it. You can find directions here.

Good airflow is key. It's generally a good idea to have an equal or a greater amount of air leaving the case than entering via fans. If you post pictures or give me the name of your case, maybe I can be of further assistance.

start by taking the Heatsink off of the processor, then using rubbing alcohol remove the old thermal paste from both the processor and the heatsink. Then apply new thermal paste to your processor (use about the size of an un-cooked grain of rice). How put your heatsink back on and move it around the processor to spread out the thermal paste. Finally re-tighten the heatsink to the board, and boot 'er up and see what your temps are.

Probably. I have that heatsink+fan, and my temps are at 35 celcius OCed with an E6400, so yours should be close to that. The thermal paste that came with the heatsink looked like crap, so I took that off and put on some arctic silver 5. Also, getting that heatsink in was the most frustrating thing I've ever done. Make sure you've put it in correctly. No pins should be bent up.

I just redid everything and under maxload im at around 53 degrees and I agree with that statement about it being hard. How are these temp and I did remove the stock paste on the fan. Hows everything sound now?

Back
Top Bottom