e6300, 3.7GHz for $300

well, the cpu would just go back to stock speeds when you put it in your mobo because the settings are in his bios so you would just be buying a stock E6300, which is $215 CAD so I wouldn't do it

hascet said:
well, the cpu would just go back to stock speeds when you put it in your mobo because the settings are in his bios so you would just be buying a stock E6300, which is $215 CAD so I wouldn't do it

What kind of system do you think he is running because I want to get his hardware. He would not tell me :(

sammytheman said:
What kind of system do you think he is running because I want to get his hardware. He would not tell me :(
well, its pretty much impossible to say you'de have to either get him to tell you or look in his computer

sammytheman said:
Hey fellas my buddy is selling me a e6300 running at 3.7GHz for $300Canadian. Should I take it?

If you wanted a really fast processor yes, as most WILL NOT overclock this fast.

EDIT: Thats almost doubble stock speed, are you sure it's stable?

Ya lots of people are proud when they get something like an E6600 to go that high maybe he is using watercooling on his...

Speeds like that are harder to get on a E6300 because of the low multiplier. You have to push over 500 FSB to get that speed.

cabbspapp said:
Speeds like that are harder to get on a E6300 because of the low multiplier. You have to push over 500 FSB to get that speed.

Which mobo should I get to get high overclocking speeds? I don't want 680i just to let you know. 650i would be fine.

P965. But i can tell you that he is running very high vMCH. He is running 530FSB. If you want to run that, you will need some good RAM too, that'll run DDR2-1100. ASUS P5B Deluxe with some nice Micron D9GMH will be a good deal. Now, why don't you just buy the motherboard and cpu from him? Since the memory controller is on the motherboard, it would be ideal for you to get them both.

Back
Top Bottom