E3110/E8400 OC Thread

Dropped the Q806A in after reinstalling Vista and narrowing the bad part to the CPU. (needed 1.45V to boot into Windows).

This chip wouldn't boot into Windows at 3.6GHz with stock volts and VID is 1.15V but it seems to be doing a lot better than the old one.

damn man i wish i knew how to do that shit. insane..

Woohoo! Got the new HSF today and just installed it. Dropped my idle temps 10*C!!! I was at 44*C (core 1) and 34*C (core 2..hopefully THIS is the core that's reading the right temps..which I think it is) and now I'm at 35*C and 25*C respectively! Now I just need to load it up and see what it'll handle!

Stay tuned for the OC! :-D...no pun intended there in conflict with the HORRIBLE TV show :p

Zac

Edit: At stock clock, temps under load were 46*C and 39*C resp. Yay!

I got that too. Its beast. Lol except I had the fan blowing the wrong way for a while lmao.

@ prodigy : Sit down, Go to Forums.extremeoverclocking.com, read for 30 minutes. Attempt to oc :)

I got that too. Its beast. Lol except I had the fan blowing the wrong way for a while lmao.QUOTE]

Yeah Smartpart, which way do you have it blowing. I think mine MIGHT be wrong too. I installed it according to the directions but I think I oriented it wrong. I have the fan closest to my rear exhaust fan on my case. I figured the fan on the Xigmatek would exhaust the fins, but I'm thinking the way I have it now, it's blowing THRU the fins, therefore I'm ending up with heat in the middle of my case. So really all I need to do I think is just turn the HSF 180* around to have the 120 fan on the inner part of my case, blowing thru the fins, exhausting out my rear fan. Does that even make sense to you? :p

superb drawing worship :p hehehe. jkjk..better than I could do..haha

Yeah I definitely have it wrong then, i just need to turn the HSF 180* so the fan is on the inner side blowing out! Thanks a ton!

Yeah, I think I'm going to try it both ways and see which way will work better with my case air flow...

Back
Top Bottom