E Machine

brandyg

Beta member
Please help me E Machine

Can anyone tell me if i can load Windows xp that came with the emachine into a computer that is not an emachine. I would like have the same operating system on both my computers but like i said one is an emachine and the other is one that i had built for me.

if the emachine is like my daughters then no because windows xp is ghosted on to a restore disk
and the disk reads the basic properties of the motherboard.
It would probably work on another emachines but not on another machine.

i know this because i tried it :-(

I don't think it makes an difference. I have an E-machine and I have Win XP installed on it and I have my own custom built PC and it works fine also with Win XP. I am positive that it would work unless you are switching hard drives where as you put the E-machine hard drive in the one computer( that isn't E-machine) and hope that it works. Then... probably not. If you are just trying to installing windows XP onto your E-machine then you should have no problem.

no it won't work, if it's a disk that came with the computer....they won't work with any other machine than the one they were intended for. I tried this with my hp....no dice....you'll have to shell out some cash for windows xp....sorry dude.

The operating system must stay with the machine it was originally installed on.. Those are the rules.

Back
Top Bottom