DX10 free or have to buy vista?

~mr mixx~ said:
i think that bites, they must have some sort of conpatible version for xp...i hope.

well atleast all of the 1st dx10 games will have an option to use dx9 instead of dx10. So atleast for now (and my gues is for the next 2 years or so) we can run games fine with xp, just can't see all the cool stuff that dx10 offers.

Raffaz said:
Do you know of an official date for SP3
Yeah. After Vista. They want us to buy Vista, and then they'll release SP3. That's why I always take precautions. Stick with Windows XP

lhuser said:
Yeah. After Vista. They want us to buy Vista, and then they'll release SP3. That's why I always take precautions. Stick with Windows XP

I had a feeling they would do something like that, sort of expect it from Microsoft now tho :)

Unless your a huge Halo 2 fan, you really don't need to worry.

Frankly most game developers are going make DX10 games compliant with DX9 standard.

i have no intention of buying vista im still running windows 98 and as i don't do gaming i don't see the point in changing my os right now

Matt

Wow, SP3 coming out for XP? That's something to look forward to. I wonder what kind of major updates are involved besides DX10? What about our current video cards? Most of us have graphic cards that support DX9.0c, will that mean we have to upgrade to a new video card to take advantage of DX10?

TRDCorolla said:
Most of us have graphic cards that support DX9.0c, will that mean we have to upgrade to a new video card to take advantage of DX10?

yes. But I'm pretty sure that games will have dx9 support for a long time.

Oh man, oh well. I'm sure their DX10 will have backward compatibility with DX9 too. Otherwise, everyone in the world would be screwed :p

Direct x 10 isent even gonna be out at the Vista launch, i here its way to buggy right now to release.

Back
Top Bottom