dx 10!! I HATE YOU

DirectX 10 will only work with the cards that support DirectX 10, which no current card in the market does. You'll have to wait for the G81 or the R600. Also, DirectX 10 is exclusively for Windows Vista, possibly to get everyone to move to Vista. Bottom line is that if you want DirecX 10, you have to wait for Windows Vista and the video cards that support it.

Vista and DirectX X(10) won't come out till probably Febraury or March of next year. So I'd just get a new video card for right now and enjoy it while you can. :)

I don't care that much about running the newest games in DX10... besides, there aren't any good games coming out for computer in the next two years. Unless you like FPS games that all seem the same. I didn't even enjoy Farcry that much, it was like a lame Sylvester Stallone, so i'm so uninterested in Crysis. Also, there wont be another true sequel to HL2 for another two, three years. Honestly, I am pretty sure that my 7900 will last me two or more good years. The only game i'm kinda anxious towards is UT2007, and i'm sure that my card will be able to run it excellently even though its a DX9.

you could just buy a newer card now but not a too top of the range one.
and wait for Nvidias new DX10 cards to come out later next year.
cuase DX10 isnt coming out for a while.
and noone knows how much of an improvement running DX10 on a DX10 based card will do as appose to a DX9 card

DX10 is getting out with the Nvidia 8 Series and the X2xxx series from ATI

Now, my GFX really feels clumsy with this...

Back
Top Bottom