DVI vs. VGA

True, but than you can use something like Nvidia Purvideo to make it look better. I have a question related to this, if I buy something that uses HDMI, can I se an adaptor to plug it into the DVI slot on my monitor? and will I loose quality doing that? just an idea.
Yes, you can. As with any adapter, you will lose quality, but the difference will be minimal.
hdmi-to-dvi.jpg

So, what if I bought one of those for my graphics card, and one for my monitor, and used an HDMI cabel in between, would it look better or the same as my DVI cable?

The same or worse. DVI and HDMI basically use the same digital signal, and the adapters would just make the quality worse depending on the quality of the adapter.

Ok, thats what I thought, you say they use the same signal, so does that mean, that for video, they have the same quality?

all computer resolutions are "High Def" heck even 640x480 is still higher than a standard TV resolution. i guess people associate high def with tv's too much because when you watch a dvd on your computer that is HD enabled you watch it HD. i think people think that the TV is just bigger and the screen is LCD or Plasma to be HD

640x480 is the resolution of a standard tv.

Back
Top Bottom