Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #31
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersources View Post
I know its hard for you to go to google.com and type "what is digital noise" or even digital noise dvi cable. But someone reading this will and will see i'm right.
So you're talking about cameras?

http://www.google.com/search?q=what+...ient=firefox-a

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersources View Post
Oh and are you referring to dual link dvi-d, or single link dvi-d. Again i'm right, HDMI is better. Simple as that... You can say what you want, as far as "simliarities" but HDMI is still better.. here's something else for you to read.. Maybe this will educate you alittle.

http://www.home-theater-automation-a...HDMIvsDVI.html
Read your own damn link. It's relating to home theater. Do we look like we focus on home theaters around here?

Quote:
When considering HDMI vs DVI, if available, we recommend HDMI. This is not because it is any better then DVI, only because the industry will heavily push HDMI due to the HDCP Digital Rights Management technology.
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #32
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

LOL CAMERAS AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Did you even read the link? LOL Oh i'm sorry don't they make home entertainment(theater) computers? LOL gosh i love tech n00bs. Lets see here, HDMI offers HDCP, and DVI doesn't... so thechnically its better. Cmon you can type so obviously you have a brain, lets use it . Knowledge is the worst thing to waste.
__________________

__________________
Computer Source
"Your one stop source for all your computer needs"
Offering answers for any questions you may have
www.computersourcesc.com
computersources is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #33
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersources View Post
LOL CAMERAS AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Did you even read the link? LOL Oh i'm sorry don't they make home entertainment(theater) computers? LOL gosh i love tech n00bs. Lets see here, HDMI offers HDCP, and DVI doesn't... so thechnically its better. Cmon you can type so obviously you have a brain, lets use it . Knowledge is the worst thing to waste.
So you're for digital content protection? You think that's better?

Quote:
I know its hard for you to go to google.com and type "what is digital noise" or even digital noise dvi cable. But someone reading this will and will see i'm right.
Quote:
  1. What is digital noise? - Digital Camera Resource Page Forums

    5 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Dec 27, 2004
    I have been reading a lot about digital slr's and there is one thing that I don't understand. What is digital noise? ...
    www.dcresource.com ... General Topics Tips and Techniques - Cached - Similar
  2. What Is... Noise? - Digital Photography Tutorial - Photoxels

    Finally, remember that digital imaging noise is much like static, and thus somewhat random in nature. The noise in the above example is not a steady 0.1 or ...
    www.photoxels.com Special Tutorial - Cached - Similar
  3. Noise: Digital Imaging: Glossary: Learn: Digital Photography Review

    Noise Digital Imaging Glossary Learn Digital Camera Digital Photography.
    www.dpreview.com/learn/key=noise - Cached - Similar
  4. Image noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Jump to Noise problems with digital cameras‎: On most cameras, longer shutter speeds lead to increased salt-and-pepper noise due to photodiode ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_noise - Cached - Similar
  5. Digital Focus: Eliminate Noise From Your Photos - PC World

    Minimize noise and distortion in your photos with these tips.
    www.pcworld.com Blogs Digital Focus - Cached - Similar
  6. Neat Image - best noise reduction for digital cameras and scanners

    A digital filter designed to reduce visible noise in digital photographic images. A standalone application, no other software needed to run.
    www.neatimage.com/ - Cached - Similar
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersources View Post
LOL CAMERAS AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Did you even read the link? LOL Oh i'm sorry don't they make home entertainment(theater) computers? LOL gosh i love tech n00bs. Lets see here, HDMI offers HDCP, and DVI doesn't... so thechnically its better. Cmon you can type so obviously you have a brain, lets use it . Knowledge is the worst thing to waste.
I think you need to read your stuff as HDCP is also an option available on DVI

Your an idiot plain and simple the article you posted actually contradicted what you said completely here let me repeat it again for you seeing as you seem to have reading comprehension issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by your article
When considering HDMI vs DVI, if available, we recommend HDMI. This is not because it is any better then DVI
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #35
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

"HDMI vs DVI what is the difference?
When looking at the differences, HDMI vs DVI actually have more in common then differences. They are both all digital, they also are all based on similar specifications since HDMI was derived from the DVI specification. There are two big differences:HDMI incorporates content protection called High Definition Content Protection (HDCP). HDMI supports audio in addition to digital video. (DVI only supports digital video)"

"Which one should I use today?
When considering HDMI vs DVI, if available, we recommend HDMI. This is not because it is any better then DVI, only because the industry will heavily push HDMI due to the HDCP Digital Rights Management technology. However you should not expect any difference when moving from DVI to HDMI, therefore if you have DVI already stick with it until the next standard comes around. Also note you may be interested in staying with your component connections. See our HDMI vs Component article."
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #36
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersources View Post
I may have been wrong about the refresh rate, but you're on a tech forum and don't know what digital noise is? Wow.. stop posting.. and go research.. The topic was "DVI VS HDMI" and obviously HDMI is better for several reasons, Digital Audio, HDCP(which i'm sure you dont know what it is) and HDMI is less effected by Digital Noise... I know its hard for you to go to google.com and type "what is digital noise" or even digital noise dvi cable. But someone reading this will and will see i'm right. Oh and are you referring to dual link dvi-d, or single link dvi-d. Again i'm right, HDMI is better. Simple as that... You can say what you want, as far as "simliarities" but HDMI is still better.. here's something else for you to read.. Maybe this will educate you alittle.

http://www.home-theater-automation-a...HDMIvsDVI.html
you keep banging on about this noise issue i suggest you either proove it by showing me some credible evidence not just someone saying that there is noise on a self publishing website either that or i suggest you drop the noise issue because you cant proove it
The onlyadvantage to HDMI over DVI is the fact that it can transmit the audio signal . The method that each cable uses to encode and transmit the digital video information is exactly the same
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #37
Site Team
 
berry120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 3,425
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

Quote:
LOL gosh i love tech n00bs.
That makes a lot of sense. You do seem to love yourself a fair bit. I'm afraid I'm not so loving of "n00bs" that think they know everything about everything.

In case you're still under the illusion that you know what you're on about, let me refer you to the official HDMI specification.

Most specifically, the first paragraph of appendix C, "Compatibility with DVI". In case you aren't capable of reading, I'll paste it here:

Quote:
All HDMI Sources shall be compatible with DVI 1.0 compliant sink devices (i.e. “monitors” or
“displays”) through the use of a passive cable converter. Likewise, all HDMI Sinks shall be
compatible with DVI 1.0 compliant sources (i.e. “systems” or “hosts”) through the use of a similar
cable converter.
Now let me translate: DVI and HDMI sources are electrically compatible. A passive cable converter means that you can just rewire the pins on one connector to the other, without any electrical trickery, and vice versa. It's not a case of one format being superior to the other, and noise doesn't come into it.

If you feel the need to argue back, please quote and post the link to an official, verified specification and quote the part that contradicts the above. (Hint: You won't find one.)
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
Grantofhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,762
Default Re: DVI vs HDMI

For the love of God. J is the do all and say all on audio and video. I give him that. He knows his stuff, you're just pissed because he one-up'd you on a subject you pretended to know about. You're wrong, he's right. Suck it up.

I'm just assuming that the television has HDMi inputs and a VGA input. If you intend to use HDMI, make sure that the television can support the resolution and refresh rate you have your PC set to. Just turn it to 1024x768 for safety, then tune it up to any other supported 16:9 resolution. I would suggest 1920x1080 but I don't know how well your card would handle it. Try various ones until it seems like it works. Also make sure the converter from the DVI port uses all pins (DVI-I Dual link or DVI-D dual link).
__________________

__________________
RD-PC -//- i7 950 // Evga x58 SLI // 3x2 OCZ PC3-12800 // 2x Evga GTX470 // Corsair HX850 // SilverStone TJ07
Grantofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0