DVI vs HDMI

Wow, you are so full of shit. DVI and HDMI are exactly the same in terms of picture quality. HDMI simply has the capability to send audio alongside video. That has nothing to do with resolution and higher refresh rates.

Gotta love tech n00bs... HDMI has lager bandwith(hence more data transfer) and more noise reduction aka DVI is effected by noise alot more.. And I'm sure you wont believe me so here's a nice link for you :D

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dvi-vs-hdmi-difference-between-dvi-and-hdmi.html

Try being alittle more knowledgable next time.. Looks like you be full of shit.

Oh read the last sentence in that link I posted. *

Both HDMI and DVI provide good quality output, and hence they are preferred over other cords. But the quality of output provided by HDMI is better than DVI; also HDMI has many advantages over DVI. HDMI has captured almost 100% of the market.

Gotta love tech n00bs... HDMI has lager bandwith(hence more data transfer) and more noise reduction aka DVI is effected by noise alot more.. And I'm sure you wont believe me so here's a nice link for you :D

Noise reduction? It's digital. :rolleyes:

Both HDMI and DVI provide good quality output, and hence they are preferred over other cords. But the quality of output provided by HDMI is better than DVI; also HDMI has many advantages over DVI. HDMI has captured almost 100% of the market.

LOL.

First, to clear away one element that can be confusing: DVI and HDMI are exactly the same as one another, image-quality-wise. The principal differences are that HDMI carries audio as well as video, and uses a different type of connector, but both use the same encoding scheme, and that's why a DVI source can be connected to an HDMI monitor, or vice versa, with a DVI/HDMI cable, with no intervening converter box.

When looking at the differences, HDMI vs DVI actually have more in common then differences. They are both all digital, they also are all based on similar specifications since HDMI was derived from the DVI specification. There are two big differences:HDMI incorporates content protection called High Definition Content Protection (HDCP). HDMI supports audio in addition to digital video. (DVI only supports digital video)

Noise reduction? It's digital. :rolleyes:

LOL.

LOL ROFL AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA $10 says he didn't even go to the link I'm assuming you have no clue with digital noise is.. as in reference to static... ROFL Just leave this post my friend.. And save what little dignity you have. You need to research alittle more before you shoot off.. It doesn't work well for your reputation.

And look i'm not trying to have a battle with anyone, just trying to help. And the helpful suggestion is that HDMI is better than DVI.

Did it ever occur to you that the extra bandwidth was because the HDMI cable also transmits the sound data alongside the video data .

Another thing If anyones a tech noob its the person who wrote that article . Give me the actual evidence that DVI is more effected by noise
in fact i would go even further and say whoever wrote this article is in general a noob i mean things like the following just make this person look very inept . I could go on ripping that article to pieces but im sure you get the point already
DVI and HDMI are more similar than different. There are a very few differences between them

HDMI and DVI both use exactly the same encoding method to actually send the images you see they are exactly the same quality In al my experience i have used both dvi and hdmi and never noticed any quality difference . even using adaptors i havent noticed any difference

Now lets get back to the op's problem here which was that he was using an adaptor and the display seemed choppy and unreadable . My advice would to be to change the refresh rate see if that makes any difference
Also what display are you using and what resolooution etc

Again not right. The only DVI cable that will even support FULL HD is DVI-D.. AND it also depends on the cable. Cheaper DVI cables splotch up and give you spots. Again I would suggest researching the issue before commenting on the issue.So back to the ISSUE AT HAND. YES DVI IS BETTER THAN HDMI.

Again not right. The only DVI cable that will even support FULL HD is DVI-D.. AND it also depends on the cable. Cheaper DVI cables splotch up and give you spots. Again I would suggest researching the issue before commenting on the issue.So back to the ISSUE AT HAND. YES DVI IS BETTER THAN HDMI.
Are you going to give me my proof regarding noise
According to DVI specs
(Single) WUXGA 1920 × 1200
No that is clearly higher than "Full HD " in which im assuming your reffering to 1080p whose resoloution is 1920x1080 pixels now clearly
the issue of DVI-D and DVI-A is irrelevant anyway because DVI-A is analogue like VGA but even then it can still handle resoloutions in excess of 1920X1080
Hell even VGA can handle HD resolotuons however its transmitting method is analogue

The issue of cheaper cables is not relevant anyway because if you buy a cheaper HDMI cable you can also encounter simillar problems

I have researched this issue and i do understand it , im not the one citing some ineptly written articles to backup my points am i

LOL ROFL AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA $10 says he didn't even go to the link I'm assuming you have no clue with digital noise is.. as in reference to static... ROFL Just leave this post my friend.. And save what little dignity you have. You need to research alittle more before you shoot off.. It doesn't work well for your reputation.

My reputation? LOL.

Splotches and spots? LOL. In terms of video, they're the same thing. Get that through your thick skull.

YES DVI IS BETTER THAN HDMI.

wat

computersources said:
HDMI all the way my friend.

DVI and HDMI use the same encoding processes. HDMI cables were actually derived from DVI cables. So, please, do not tell me they are different. DVI cables can easily carry audio over as easily as HDMI can. BUT, there aren't many devices fully compatible with it. There isn't much of a difference in generic and "high end" cables. They are made of the same materials. All they need to do is carry over a digital signal which doesn't require much.

"The versions of HDMI are; HDMI 1.0, HDMI 1.1, HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3. HDMI 1.0 does not transmit DVD audio, but HDMI 1.1 supports the transmission of DVD audio. HDMI 1.2 acts as an interface to computers. HDMI 1.3 backs color support. It is the only cable provided with PS3. Hence HDMI 1.3 requires larger bandwidth."

Please do not call our senior members "n00bs", computersources.

HDMI has lager bandwith(hence more data transfer) and more noise reduction aka DVI is effected by noise alot more..

HDMI or DVI cables never get anywhere nears their bandwidth limit. 5Gbps is a lot of information being transferred at the same time. That would mean your movies quality would be so high, you would need terabytes of space per video.

HDMI is nowhere close to having 100% of the market. The mass majority of monitors are using DVI. Please cite your reputable source.

Wow, you are so full of shit. DVI and HDMI are exactly the same in terms of picture quality. HDMI simply has the capability to send audio alongside video. That has nothing to do with resolution and higher refresh rates.

i have to agree with this. you have no idea what you're talking about in any of your posts

I may have been wrong about the refresh rate, but you're on a tech forum and don't know what digital noise is? Wow.. stop posting.. and go research.. The topic was "DVI VS HDMI" and obviously HDMI is better for several reasons, Digital Audio, HDCP(which i'm sure you dont know what it is) and HDMI is less effected by Digital Noise... I know its hard for you to go to google.com and type "what is digital noise" or even digital noise dvi cable. But someone reading this will and will see i'm right. Oh and are you referring to dual link dvi-d, or single link dvi-d. Again i'm right, HDMI is better. Simple as that... You can say what you want, as far as "simliarities" but HDMI is still better.. here's something else for you to read.. Maybe this will educate you alittle.

http://www.home-theater-automation-and-electronics.com/HDMIvsDVI.html

Back
Top Bottom