DVI vs HDMI

I have GeForce 7900 with Dual DVI link and tried DVI to HDMI and the max refresh rate it could support was 30Hz, hence the result was all choppy and broken. I do not have a card that natively supports HDMI output; but if 01001010's info is right, then I am gonna have to go with ATI since nvidia doesnt make any cards that has HDMI output, unless there is one that I am not aware of. Also the tv I am using as monitor is only 1080i, it doesnt support 1080p. :(

I have a 250 card. The DVI is run through an adapter to a HDMI cable which is plugged in to the HDMI 2 port on my Toshiba 32". 1080 is not a problem to reach with this setup. No chop, no unable to read text, and the movies I play on this rig are clear as it gets.
Besides this would be an opportunity to nail a great sound system. Then you can setup the sound like you want it instead of the sound coming out of the little speakers in the TV.

Oops. my bad. I was asking what make and model of monitor you have. Then I reread your first post over. I think it would still be helpful to have the model number.

Back
Top Bottom