DVI port died?

mammikoura

Golden Master
So today I boot up my pc but my second monitor doesn't start up... If I'm using dvi port #1 both monitors work fine, if using dvi #2 neither one of the monitors will display anything. So it's not about the monitors.. I'm gonna try booting to linux soon so if it's some software problem then it should work, but I highly doubt this is the case..

Anything else I could try? Also, is there some kinda thingy that I could use to connect 2 monitors to one dvi port? I really want to use both of my monitors but I don't have the money for a new decent vid card. If it's any help the vid card is a 6800GT.

edit: I gues all I can say is gg windows.. Rebooted and now it works fine. :)

Well I don't know how to fix your problem, but I have a 6800gt as well. About 4 months ago the memory heatsinks literally fell off and the card kept overheating and then the voltage regulators fell out. So I went to the store were I got the card but my 90 day warrenty had expired, I managed to ship it to ASUS and they replaced it free of charge. So I dunno I guess you can phone up the company who makes the card and see it they can fix it or send a new one.

mammikoura said:
So today I boot up my pc but my second monitor doesn't start up... If I'm using dvi port #1 both monitors work fine, if using dvi #2 neither one of the monitors will display anything. So it's not about the monitors.. I'm gonna try booting to linux soon so if it's some software problem then it should work, but I highly doubt this is the case..

Anything else I could try? Also, is there some kinda thingy that I could use to connect 2 monitors to one dvi port? I really want to use both of my monitors but I don't have the money for a new decent vid card. If it's any help the vid card is a 6800GT.

edit: I gues all I can say is gg windows.. Rebooted and now it works fine. :)

Matrox DualHead2Go

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/dh2go/home.php

Back
Top Bottom