DVI lock? anyone heard of this??

viperman

Solid State Member
This morning my monitor wouldnt work. I figured no signal since it was just black and the power light was flashing. I assumed it was my mobo bc I have onboard video. I dont have a vga port just a dvi so I swapped mobos and am now using vga on a different monitor.

A buddy of mine says he experiences this from time to time and its the DVI locking up or freezing. He runs a "program" via floppy at start up to unlock the DVI. He claims he inserts the floppy and restarts the computer and then it works.

Anyone heard of this? I cant find anyone who has. He forwarded me the file but I dont even have a floppy drive. I guess I can usb thumb drive it but my screen is black I cant even see if its doing anything.

I havent attempted it yet bc I have to swap mobos again to do it on the DVI mobo. Thought Id ask before going through the trouble of a mobo swap again.

huh.. never heard of it.
Is it even possible? i wouldnt think so since you cant really control a monitor...

Maybe the term lock isnt correct. That is the term he used with me, but it sounds like its some sort of freeze or disablement in the DVI output.

I just talked to him. He had an issue once and called Dell tech support and they told him it locks up and gave him the file to use to unlock/unfreeze it.

Well whatever it is it appears to have worked.

I had no signal and a black screen, I ran a floppy with the program and now Im back up and running.

I cant be sure it was that because I swapped various things out and went back and forth, and even had to install a floppy drive but in the end im running the original configuration with the original parts. Only difference was that I ran the floppy.

Its 4 files..

autoexec MS-DOS Batch File

ddcw.exe

and 2 text documents Port1 and Port2 (they open blank)

I can upload them for people to get a look but Im not sure if this site will allow an exe to be uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom