DVI cable not working with video card

eapro said:
The cable that came with my display is DVI-D (single link but the input is dual). It fits in my video card (DVI-I dual link) but doesn't carry any signal.

I hope this clears up all the confusion. If not, I can take pics.

That's wierd...yeah take some pics. It's kinda hard to understand what you're saying by just explaining it.

Well, I'd try to look for DVI-D to DVI-I adaptor.

Hold on a second...have you tried another video card or a different screen to see if it works?

OR, you can look at the shops for a DVI cable to see if it works. Although, you should bring yours in and make sure that you have all DVI pins, but the 4 remaining.

in the moniter menu (the one for teh moniter, not the stuff in the control pannel) is their an option to switch between VGA and DVI? if so, make sure its set to DVI.

if its workin with the vga adapter on teh card, i doubt its the card.

celegorm said:
in the moniter menu (the one for teh moniter, not the stuff in the control pannel) is their an option to switch between VGA and DVI? if so, make sure its set to DVI.

if its workin with the vga adapter on teh card, i doubt its the card.

I been doing that but the monitor says there is no signal.

It could still be the card, just the actual port could be causing the problem, can ya test another monitor, or another cable, if its detachable like mine

Back
Top Bottom