DVD Rom

medabomb2000

In Runtime
I installed a brand new KHypermedia DVD+R/RW burner into my friends computer. He has a 2 year old 2.4Ghz Celeron that only had a cd-rom in the computer. When I installed the DVD burner, i installed all the drivers and the burning software that came with it (Nero). It will burn cd's fine, but when it comes to just watching a movie on his computer, My computer will show that it can detect that the DVD is in the drive, but when I open up Windows media player it will not play the movie. It says to set my screen resolution to a lower grade.
The resolution is already set to 800 x 600 and still wont play. If anyone can help me to get this DVD burner to just play a movie, I would really appriciate. Thank You.

Try using another program to play the dvd. Windows Media player isnt the best out there if you know what I mean, just download another program and see if you get the same problem.

Did you try more then one dvd? try this just go to device manager uninstall it and then restart the computer. After that try to play a dvd see what happens, and try to get your hands on powerdvd its the best for dvds.

i went thru this same problem recently when i purchased and installed a NEC dvd burner which came with NERO. it is not the full version of NERO, but the OEM version which is a limited version. you will either have to upgrade to the full version, or purchase the DVD-Plug In from NERO for like $24. I purchased the DVD-Plug in (they send you a 25 digit key to put into the Nero program) and then it worked playing the dvd movies. You also will not be able to burn dvd's until you get the dvd plug-in.

Back
Top Bottom