DVD+R wont finalize

iceshooter161

In Runtime
I have been burning dvd's for over a year now with no problems using 1click dvd copy pro. Recently, everytime the dvd goes to finalize it freezes and I get a coaster. The problem started when I bought a new spindle of Maxell DVD+R which is supported by my dvd drive (NEC ND-3540A). Thinking that it could be a problem with my drive, I upgraded it to the latest firmware 1.04 but it still can't finalize. I have yet to try a different program to burn since i'm at work right now. Will try nero later this evening though to see if it will work. Out of the 5 or 6 burns I have attempted, only one worked successfully. The one that worked I burned slightly differently. Instead of just copying directly from the original dvd in the dvd-rom drive to the burner, I had it copy the movie to my harddrive and then burned those files to the dvd+r. Since one worked, i'm guessing that I could have gotten a bad batch of dvds, but I want to test all of my options first before I go out and spend another 35-40 usd on dvds. Is there any software which will test the dvd drive or the dvd+r to see if it is good? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Could also be the drive laser going , or a bad batch it can happen .i have had bad maxell cd's before so i would try new media and if that dont work could be the drive fauling

Back
Top Bottom