DVD-R Burning HELP

KingCaesar

Beta member
Ok I actually have a few questions WHICH I hope you will help.

To start it off I have Nero, and Nero Vision. Ok, I have an .AVI movie file and I want to put it on a DVD-R so I can watch it on my tv. How do I do it?

Also I don't think my movie can fit on the DVD-R. I saw on the back and they had a thing called "extended version". I think thats what I have to do to make the movie fit on my DVD. How do I do that?

Thanks for anyone who can help!

try this...
http://www.avi2divx.com/
you will probably need to convert your dvd to divx format then you just burn the dvd with nero

If nero doesn't work for you try downloading ashampoo's movie shrink and burn... very easy to use and effective

Most DVD Writers should write AVIs to DVDs in a DVD-Playable Format. Have you tried Pinnicle's Instant CD-DVD Writer? Or Roxio. Nero however should do it. The version I have at least, will write most types of Video to DVD for Playback on a DVD Player without any fixes at all. Just go to DVD -> Photo and Video -> Make your own DVD Video. It encodes to the DVD itself.

What version of it do you have?

i done this today.. but im afraid my way aint as simple as any of them.. ill hold your hand through it if you add me to msn... but basically...

converted avi movie to dvd format using "Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Converter Pro" (can give you - takes a couple hours)

converted the dvd format file (mpeg2) from that to vob files etc using "Cucusoft MPEG to DVD Author" (available free from their website - takes 10min)

burned using nero (another 10min)

put it in dvd player! and hey hey! i was watching stealth :D

sounds longer! but i can step ya through it! it is pretty simple! and i can give you all software if needed

Haha, sounds reasonable :p Although I would have just put the AVI in Nero and Wrote it... :D

Stealth? Naughty, naughty, naughty. Is that or is that not even yet out in Cinemas? :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha, sounds reasonable :p Although I would have just put the AVI in Nero and Wrote it... :D

Stealth? Naughty, naughty, naughty. Is that or is that not even yet out in Cinemas? :D

its out in my cinema ;)

edit> and it aint too bad actually! i thoguht it was going to be rubbish! but its not

Back
Top Bottom